Saturday, March 6, 2010

Play Day

I had 2 play days wherein I made no blog posts. But I did read both the second and third books of Fablehaven, so the time wasn't totally wasted. I'm really enjoying this series, and I think I'll need to buy a boxed set as soon as a paperback one becomes available. I'm sure the kids will love it.
Today we went out to Sand Hollow, where the sand has blown across the road, and loaded a pickup full of that great red sand to bring home to our sandbox. We built the box last summer, and have just been putting off getting the sand.
Today Russ needed some sand for another project he was working on, so the time was finally right. It's done, looks beautiful, and the kids are having a great time. I hope the sand brought into the house will be minimal.
The best thing about the box we built is the hinged door on the top to cover the box when not in use. No kitty poop, or inches of dead leaves, or soaked and soggy sand from the rain. The doors latch to the porch railing when raised, and cannot be accidentally unlatched.

2 comments: