Friday, March 12, 2010

Finally Friday

I have been fighting some sort of a virus or something this week. I feel better today, but it's been a rough week. It feels like something I ate -lower intestinal discomfort, along with achy and tired. Did anyone else get sick after picnic on Tuesday? I guess since 2 of my kids have been unwell also, albeit with not identical symptoms, it seems most likely to be a virus of some sort. Finally had a full night's sleep last night, and today I'm actually able to stand up straight without the help of ibuprofen to kill the cramps. I have gotten a bit of reading done over the week. Finished Fablehaven 4 (anxiously awaiting #5 release next week!!), a book about the Smother's Brothers (if you haven't seen them, they are a hoot - look them up on youtube and watch some of their comedy/folk song sketches), a book about growing up the daughter of a serial killer (fascinating perspective, and one I never though about before), as well as making it halfway through a history of the "infamous" LeBaron clan by one of the inside members of that religion. Some interesting info percolating in my head. Russell's family is related to these LeBarons, although they had very little to do with that part of the family, as those cousins spent most of their time in the Mormon colonies in Mexico.
I've been to Colonia Juarez (in Chihuahua, Mexico) with a friend in high school. It was a fun trip, and I enjoyed it. Many very nice people there. I did get sick from eating some local popsicles and spent an afternoon truly wishing I could just curl up and die, but other than that it was a lovely trip. Colonia Juarez was a place in which the LeBaron's spent many years before the family moved a bit west to found Colonia LeBaron. So, interestingly enough, I've been much closer to the LeBaron history there in Mexico than has my husband, if only geographically. If I'd known whom I would eventually marry, I'm sure many people I met could have easily told me a great deal about the LeBaron's who had lived in their midst ( there are probably still some who do.) Life is full of coincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment