Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One purse, two purse, old purse, new purse...

They say you can't have it all. I say it's a good thing, because where would you keep it?
I got a new purse for my birthday. It took me a while to decide what I wanted, and I wavered between a single jogger and Wii Fit Plus for a while. One day at Target I saw this cute wallet and decided the time was ripe to change my "mom bag" for something a bit.....well, smaller. In the spirit of cleansing and purging and paring down, I chose a significantly smaller bag. I am hoping that the compact size will force me to be more selective and more organized my choices of purse contents. I'm really excited that I no longer have the need to carry an extra pull-up, or baby wipes, or even a spare pair of underwear for any of my children. And despite feeling just a little unprepared, I no longer carry a sewing kit, children's Tylenol, a month's worth of feminine supplies, or even a band aid. It's liberating. (Perhaps I ought to rethink the band aid thing, though. How much room could a band aid take up?) I have room for just what I need; wallet, keys, lip balm, cell phone, my reusable shopping bags (they are cute and very compact), a small notebook and a pen, calculator, comb, gum, floss, tissues, and coupons. See? I still have a lot in there. I just don't need to carry the kitchen sink. The only regret I have is that this purse is not large enough to stick a hardback book into. Oh, well. You can't have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment