Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stick that in your ear

I tried a new thing a couple of weeks ago when I felt like I was getting a cold. I had read this article on Dr. Mercola's website, and thought it sounded interesting, especially the last few paragraphs about treating head colds with hydrogen peroxide in the ear. I tried to do it to my little girls who were coming down with colds at my mom's over Christmas, but you know how things go on vacation. I wasn't very vigilant about treatment. I think I only dosed the girls once, and got distracted. Fast forward a few weeks and I felt a cold coming on, so I tried it on myself. Lo and behold, I shortly felt much better and the cold I felt coming on never came on. But, Russ felt the same way a few days later, didn't treat himself, and felt better the next day as well. So it could have been a mild virus. No proof there. But last Thursday I felt another cold coming on, so I did the same treatment. Same result. No cold. Russ got sick, too, but he got quite bad before he got better. I'm not totally convinced it works, but it is so easy and costs next to nothing. Even if it's just a placebo effect, I don't care. I still feel better, and that's the bottom line here. So next time I'm feeling a little under the weather, I'll be cuddling up with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Cozy, huh? If you try it, let me know how you feel about the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment