Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update on the smelly smell

I have found a deodorant that seems to make living without anti-perspirant doable. It's Tom's of Maine "crystal confidence" citrus zest scent. It's a roll-on that is apparently a solution of that crystal that's supposed to be so great with some other stuff. (The crystal itself didn't work for me. The Tom's of Maine stick didn't work for me, either.) If I put it on in the morning every day, and also after every shower, I can stand to be around myself. I'm so glad!! I found it at the Washington WalMart - bottom shelf of the deodorant section. According to the Tom's website (http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/product-detail.aspx?id=53&name=Crystal%20Confidence%20Deodorant%20Roll-On) there are 3 scents, although I only saw this one and unscented. The price was nice, too. Now I can be healthy AND not stinky. (I guess the real test will be the summer temps. August, here I come!)

1 comment:

  1. I read a post on one of the health sites that I read. She made her own deoderant. Baking soda, coconut oil and rosemary oil. She recommends lavender oil but she didn't have any at the time. The someone commented that they make it too but that they added cornstarch to the mix. Anyway she put this mixture down in her empty deoderant case. She got the non scented less expensive kind of coconut oil and just used enough to moisten it. She stuck it somewhere cold to harden it and then uses it like regular deoderant. Sounds clever to me.

    ReplyDelete