Thursday, October 22, 2009

Good Food...

I love food. Being the pragmatic person that I am my taste runs to good, homemade culinary basics rather than gourmet cooking. This being the case, I rarely make a big deal out of meals I cook. Last night I threw together a soup that was so good, I impressed myself. It was a sausage-vegetable soup, made with country sausage and some chicken stock, fresh garden tomatoes, celery and carrots and zucchini (from Bountiful Baskets) and pasta shells to fill it out. It smelled wonderful, and it looked so pretty that I took a picture of it. My husband laughed at me, but I was just so pleased with the results of my efforts. It was a good homemaking day.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmmmm. I laugh at myself taking pictures sometimes, too. But I'm glad I do now, especially with all of the quilts I give away.

    And good food is serious business!

    ReplyDelete