Monday, June 28, 2010

Apparently I'd rather read than blog. Apparently I'd rather read than...anything.

So I have a stack of books from the library I'm very interested in reading, plus all this regular work I have to do, like nourish and nurture the children and maintain an efficient, peaceful, organized home, right? I walk by the bookshelf last week and notice the set of four (yes, 4) books I picked up at a yard sale a few weeks ago. These are books I have read several times before, and I think to myself, "I'll just pick up this first one and revisit the first couple of chapters, just to reminisce about how much I love these books." Yeah, right. 3 books and 1762 pages later, my library books are still untouched, the Netflix movie I've had a week is still sitting there, and I'm fighting to stay awake during the day because I'm staying up too late reading. Ah well. Only one more book to go. I hope I'll revisit the real world in time to do the shopping and the laundry this week. But if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath.
(I love these books, but I do not recommend them to everyone as there are some pretty graphic love scenes. If that sort of thing is easy for you to skip over, and if you like books with a great amount of detail, these may be the books for you. I still need to find the fifth installment in paperback.)

1 comment: