Monday, August 17, 2009

A Year of Joy





I've seen others do an exercise in journaling called 52 weeks of gratitude. It seems like a nice way to encourage the flow of ideas for journals (or blogs), and creates such a great opportunity for enumerating and appreciating blessings. After several months consideration, I've decided I would like to do the same on my blog, but with a little change. My patriarchal blessing speaks to me frequently of joy, and the joy that I can have in my life. I have found it to be accurate. My life is filled with joy. I want to take time to list my joys singly, at least some of them. So here is my first week:

I find great joy in Sarah. I am so grateful for her in my life. We call her our little joybird because she makes our whole family happy. She is sweet and cheerful to be around. She has the cutest little high pitched voice that makes us all smile just to hear her speak. She teaches our family how to be loving to one another by her example. And what a fun personality! She is full of life, eager to help and to participate. We love Sarah!!

Note the new haircut in the last photo. She got the scissors in my bathroom and cut both sides of her hair almost to the scalp. This cut is a long as we could keep it and have it look even a little normal. It's so fun having a 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment