Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rainy Day Blues (not!)



Friday afternoon I took the kids to the D.I. as a reward for uber-cleaning the house that morning. (Yes the D.I. is a treat for us, mostly because almost anything is within range of our budget.) The kids found some umbrellas they chose to purchase as their treat. I have rarely purchased umbrellas because A) they are either fairly expensive or they fall apart in a day, and B) IT NEVER RAINS. So the next day they are out in the back yard playing "lifestyles of the rich and famous" (their game, my name. Apparently, in their world view, rich people never let the sun touch their skin.) Suddenly, out of a partly cloudy sky, it begins to rain. You never saw such happy kids! It was like a dream come true. Rain!! And they had umbrellas!! One of those moments that make you glad you were there to share with them.

1 comment: